DAY 16: $843.92 / -0.8 lbs (and probably +20.0 lbs tomorrow)
Something has taken over my day, my thoughts, and my memory today…
Breakfast: doesn’t matter because…
Lunch: can’t remember because….
Dinner: Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!!!!!!!!
There were signs all day pointing me to Buffalo Wild Wings. It was weird:
1) I pulled out a B-Dubs logo wrapped fork/knife/napkin set from my plasticware stash to eat lunch with at work (oh the longing…)
2) I ran across my B-Dubs $5 off coupon in my Inbox that I received for signing up for their promo e-mails (and started trying to figure out ways to make exceptions to the freeze…gasp!)
3) I drove past the “Boneless Thursdays” lit sign on my commute (ugh!)
4) The hubs brought up B-Dubs when I got home because he saw something on FaceBook. (He’s really struggling with not eating out at all so these behaviors and comments usually go ignored)
5) I was checking out the latest BankAmeriDeals for my debit card and Buffalo Wild Wings was there with a 10% cashback discount (are you kidding me!?)
I received the most glorious e-mail in the world:
After lots of jumping up and down we called my mom to thank her for her “just because” gift. She is seriously the best!
We wanted to make sure we didn’t go over the gift card amount, so I very carefully calculated our food choices. We used to go and easily spend over $50 by not planning ahead (and adding in beer). This time, I took in consideration Boneless Thursday prices, the $5 off coupon, tax, and tipping 20% on the pre-discount total. We also waited until 9:00 to get the $3 appetizers deal. It worked out perfect until the hubs decided he needed a freakin’ lemonade! LOL. Oh well, I had a $2 bill (yep, for real) in my purse so threw that in to make sure we didn’t skimp on the tip. This was such a treat AND we have leftovers!! This spending freeze might be making us crazy though. I don’t remember ever being this excited to eat out.
Well, isn’t it obvious? 😉